Today, we shall commence the blogging of
Paleo Party Island...
Paleo Party Island's Not-So-Set-In-The-Stone-Age Manifesto:
Paleo Stuff:
This is a modern (and certainly moderated) take on our ancestors' diets... going way back... we're talkin' cavemen here. Lots of veggies, lots of meat, some fruit, a limited amount of nuts and dried fruit. Gots to have some good fat and gimme some high calories! Gluten free. Legume free. Dairy free. Damn, freedom sure tastes good.
Party Mentality:
Let's remember, folks, life's a trip. Don't forget to make it a good one. Keep in mind that every day has it's own storage of fun built into it. Tap into it every day. No excuses.
Island Time:
Stay tropical! Keep a laid back attitude. Don't rush through life; enjoy it. In the words of my own Tropical Guru: "Ride the Tide, Let's Get Wet." Go wherever the waves take you and don't be afraid if you get splashed along the way.
This isn't a strict manifesto...
This might not even be considered a manifesto at all...
I think it's clear that strictness goes against the whole idea of this blog...
The rules of Paleo can be bent and broken at times. I'm not going to pretend like I never have a little cheat here and there. Maybe it'll be something small, like putting a little cheese on my salad. Maybe it'll be something big, like eating a sandwich or having a slice of cake...
Well whatevs! These are things I enjoy. Just because I have generally changed the way I eat and think about food doesn't mean I'm going to totally stop eating some of the things I really love. It's just going to be done in moderation. Feel free to judge all you want. I'm just going to stay tropical.
1 comments:
Woot! First comment. Looking forward to more posts.
Post a Comment